Saturday, October 6, 2007

It's Saturday and I'm Back on Mt. Tam

Well, here I am two weeks post Rio Del Lago. The initial soreness is gone. I was sore until about Wednesday or Thursday after RDL. I know Wednesday I went to a Spin Class at the Embarcadero YMCA (Sarah rocks!) After that I had some lingering soreness in the quads on my right leg. I really thought it was some minor tissue damage and sure enough it cleared up. This past Wednesday evening I met Brad (Oakland-needs a nickname...) in the East Bay and we did some hills for 3 hours on the Skyline trails. See bradniess.blogspot.com

So this morning I met up with Buzz, Eldrith and Brad for some trails on Mt. Tam. We could not have asked for a more perfect day. Sometimes when the morning is a little warm, we could get some fog but today was crystal clear. Now, don't get me wrong as I do like the fog. On certain trails the scene is rather surreal but today we got perfect views of the City and the bay.

The Golden Gate Recreational Area and Mt Tamlapais State Park are popular locations for several of the ultras in the Bay Area. Pacific Coast Trail Runs has several runs a year as does Envirosports and the infamous Dipsea races. Include the adjacent Marin Municipal Water District and the surrounding areas and there are literally a hundred miles of trails to be run.

Yes, today was a good day to get out and stretch the legs. Next Saturday, three of us will be running the Dick Collins' Firetrails 50, with Buzz taking part in a relay (Tucson I believe.) Then in 2 weeks, 3 of us will be going up north to Shasta for the Whiskeytown 50k. Whiskeytown will probably be my last race until December as I'm planning a short break. December 16, 2007, I'm hosting the first annual Ocean Beach 50k. Spots are limited as this is FREE. Anyone interested can contact me at eugenecub@juno.com and I'll supply some information. This is a fun run. Wind, rain, sharks, tourists, anything. We will run. Then in January I'm back to New Mexico for the Ghost Town 38.5. For anyone who has not heard of this event, check it out!

OK, that's the upcoming events. Yeah, I could probably put them in a list on the side. That will give me something to do later (add pay my bills to that list.)

If anyone is interested in doing some trail running in a small group on Saturdays in the bay area, drop me an email. We will be meeting up at various locations including but not limited to the Marin Headlands, East Bay Trails and Mt. Diablo. No spam or none of that stuff. I'll just tell you where we'll be.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Yay! You updated your blog! Yeah, I was thinking that I needed a nickname. I posted some pictures on my blog from the run. Had a great time with the three of you!!

Powered By Blogger